At nfpjobs.com.au, we understand how important privacy is and we abide by the Privacy Act 1998. This document discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices, as we value our users, and recognize their rights to keep information private.
Collecting Information on nfpjobs.com.au Visitors
Nfpjobs.com.au collects information on our site visitors collectively including which sections of the site are most frequently visited, how often and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information to better our services by monitoring which parts of on the site which are visited the most. This information may be shared with nfpjobs.com.au partners to provide them with an overview of how nfpjobs.com.au visitors use the site. This is done for the purposes of providing you with the best online career management services.
Registering as a Jobseeker
As part of registering with nfpjobs.com.au, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of nfpjobs.com.au’s services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to nfpjobs.com.au as detailed below. Registering with us is completely optional. However, registration for jobseeker services allows you to take advantage of more of the tools and resources that assist you in finding a job. Registration includes submitting your email address. You may access this information at any time by clicking “Change Details” on the “my account” screen when you’ve logged onto nfpjobs.com.au as a Jobseeker.
Job Notifications is an optional service. Nfpjobs.com.au requests that you provide information relating to your employment preferences as well as your email address so that we may notify you via email of jobs specific to your needs. Users can modify or delete their Job Notifications profiles at any time by going to the Jobseeker area of the site, .
Making an online application to a job advertisement on nfpjobs.com.au is a free and optional service that does not require registration. Job applications require you to complete mandatory fields (first name, last name, phone and email) so that the advertiser can identify and contact you. Your application, including attachments and cover letters, are forwarded directly on to the third party advertiser. This information may also be disclosed to nfpjobs.com.au’s service providers and contractors from time to time who assist us to deliver our products and services.
By applying to a position advertised on nfpjobs.com.au you are requesting that nfpjobs.com.au pass the information to the Advertiser as a part of your application.
Additionally, you have the right to request your personal information direct from Advertisers on nfpjobs.com.au.
Collecting Information on nfpjobs.com.au Visitors
Nfpjobs.com.au collects information that is necessary for the function of the site activities.
When you visit nfpjobs.com.au we may make a record of your visit and log some or all of the following information for statistical, maintenance or improvement purposes:
- Your service or internet provider (IP) address – information is gathered in summation only and cannot be traced to an individual user;
- The address of the referring site (if any);
- The date and time of your visit;
- Your top level domain name (for example, .org.au, .gov.au, .com.au etc);
- The address of the page that is accessed and the documents downloaded;
- The type of browser you used.
- We also collect personal information when you complete the contact form or when you subscribe to our online newsletter. Nfpjobs.com.au utilises this information to improve and enhance our services by monitoring the areas on the site which are most popular to you. This non-personal information may be shared with nfpjobs.com.au partners to provide them with an overview of how visitors use nfpjobs.com.au
Email Communications from nfpjobs.com.au
nfpjobs.com.au also provides you with selected information about new jobs listed on the site, as well as info on career-related topics in our email newsletter. This free service is sent to registered users and provides the option of opting out of receiving these by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on emails sent.
Storage & Security of Personal Information
- nfpjobs.com.au has implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
- nfpjobs.com.au regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect information to the fullest extent possible.
- nfpjobs.com.au allows you to access your information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date. Any information which we hold for you is stored on secure servers.
- Our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by nfpjobs.com.au.
- nfpjobs.com.au will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information.
Nfpjobs.com.au Partners & Advertisers
Transborder Data Flows
nfpjobs.com.au principally deals with Australian companies, though sometimes, we may transfer information to persons outside Australia (e.g. an employer, or a contractor who supplies services to nfpjobs.com.au). By giving us your personal information, you consent to such disclosures. In addition, we believe that the recipients of such information are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles.
Privacy & Site Changes
nfpjobs.com.au may review and update its privacy statement in the future if required. Revised versions will be updated on the website. The website itself will be updated from time to time, to ensure the best service to all jobseekers and advertisers.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or have feedback to help improve nfpjobs.com.au you can contact us via email, or post:
Employment Office Australia Pty Ltd trading as NFPjobs.com.au
ABN: 18 129 212 602
Trading Address: Unit 1, 205 Moggill Road, Taringa, Queensland, 4068, Australia
Tel: (07) 3168 0090
Po Box 1670
Milton Qld 4064
For more information about privacy issues in Australia, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioners website.